NLU, Jodhpur - Certificate Course on Business Economics
Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences at National Law University, Jodhpur will be conducting the two weeks Certificate Course on Business Economics
Course Duration: 9th - 21st September, 2019
The course is designed for aspirants preparing for C.A. and C.S. examination, academicians, and other related stakeholders who are interested in business issues and the macroeconomic environment in which business operates.
About the Course:
Economics is not merely a subject but also a way of thinking about the world, business, its functioning and the rapidly changing and ever dynamic globalized scenario. The success of any business or organization depends upon good forecasting and persistently accurate decisions made by business persons and entrepreneurs. Economics helps us to understand the functioning of market forces and the role of government policy in shaping macroeconomic environment. Business Economics is the application of economic theory and methodology to business and involves decision-making. In this way, the study of Economics has become indispensable to understand and comprehend economic issues in this globalized world and its implications on business. Hence, there arises a rationale for a course in Business Economics.
There is a dearth of certificate courses on Business Economics in India. To bridge this gap, National Law University, Jodhpur is offering the two weeks Certificate Course on Business Economics. This course intends to expose the learners to the basic principles of Economics that are relevant to business decisions. This course will help you understand the economic way of thinking at a deeper level, with an emphasis on human action, choice and with an ethical underpinning. The course focuses on certain key topics-demand analysis and forecasting which provides the essential basis for business planning, production and cost theory, market structure, pricing strategy and the business cycle.
After completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Understand twin themes of Economics - scarcity and efficiency and its implications in business decisions.
- Understand and apply demand and supply analysis to relevant business issues.
- Apply marginal analysis to the "firm" under different market conditions.
- Understand various demand forecasting techniques and their applicability in business.
- Examine the causes and consequences of different market structures
- Have a comprehensive understanding of current economic issues and evaluate policy options for addressing these issues.
- Face-to-face interaction with resource persons during the course.
- Opportunity to explore new career avenues in the changing business environment.
- Access to the course material with power point presentations.
- Access to NLUJ library throughout the course.
- Access to the NLUJ faculty throughout the course to broaden the horizons from multi-disciplinary perspective.
- Access to Wi-Fi connectivity
- Module I: Introduction to Business Economics
- Module II: Theory of Demand, Supply and Price determination
- Module III: Demand and business Forecasting
- Module IV: Production and Cost Theory
- Module V: Market Structures and pricing decisions
- Module VI: Macroeconomic concepts and contemporary issues
- Participants selected on "first cum first serve basis" will have to pay a course fee of Rs. 9,440/- (inclusive of GST).
- This fee will cover course material and participation in the Conference.
- This fee is exclusive of accommodation charges which shall be separately paid by the participants to the University, if they opt for it.
- The hostel accommodation fee per room is Rs. 150/- per participant per day.
- Once registered, the fee shall not be refundable under any circumstances.
- All participants will be responsible for their own travel arrangements.
Mode of Payment:
Participants can register themselves for the course by sending the Demand Draft in favour of "Registrar, National Law University, Jodhpur" payable at Jodhpur or participants can make the payment using online fee deposit facility provided on University website: www.nlujodhpur.ac.in
Interested applicants may register themselves by the following process:
- Download the registration form from National Law University, Jodhpur website: www.nlujodhpur.ac.in.
- The filled-out form should be faxed or posted to Dr. Chitra Saruparia, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, National Law University, NH 65, Near Mandore, Nagour Road, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, Fax No. 0291 - 2577540 or email the filled-out form to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com on or before 5th September, 2019.
- Make the payment of course fee through Demand Draft or using online fee deposit facility available on the University website.
Registration opens from:
13th August, 2019
Last date for registration:
7th September, 2019
Commencement of classes:
9th September, 2019
End of classes:
21st September, 2019
Dr. Chitra Saruparia
Dr. Kranti Kapoor
National Law University
NH-65, Nagour Road,
Rajasthan - 342304