GNLU - Training Programme on "Cross-Border Challenges in Corporate Law"
GNLU Centre for Private International Law is going to organize a training programme on "Cross-Border Challenges in Corporate Law".
Date: 30th August - 1st September, 2019
Duration: 14 Hours.
About the Course:
Given the continued effects of globalization and the increasing interconnectivity among the corporate sector and capital markets of various jurisdictions, the cross-border issues emanating from corporate law have become significant. While the study of corporate law has hitherto focused predominantly on domestic matters, the impact of cross-border transactions compels a broader outlook to corporate law and related fields.
This course intends to provide an understanding of specific issues arising out of cross-border activity that has an impact on corporate law. It will begin with a discussion of structuring of corporate groups across jurisdictions and matters of incorporation of companies or establishment of other corporate entities. It will then discuss matters relating to cross-border financing, both in terms of the equity markets as well as debt financing. Specifically, issues pertaining to cross-listing of securities, raise interesting questions of compliance with corporate governance norms in multiple jurisdictions. When companies grow inorganically, they are bound to enter into mergers and acquisitions (M & A) transactions with companies incorporated in other jurisdictions, thereby making cross-border M & A ubiquitous.
In case of financial distress, the life cycle of a company may attract issues pertaining to cross-border insolvency that affects corporate groups and their creditors and other stakeholders spanning different countries. In addressing the above matters, this course adopts a novel approach to addressing specific areas of corporate law that carry cross-border implications. While the course will use corporate law in India as the basis for analysis, it will engage in a comparative perspective to the extent necessary. It was place emphasis on the theoretical, doctrinal and practical aspects of cross-border issues in corporate law.
Basic knowledge / interest in Corporate Law (Professionals, Consultants, Practitioners, Academicians, Research Scholars, PG and UG Students)
The primary aims of the course are as follows:
- To provide participants with a detailed understanding of the various concepts, doctrines and theories applicable in cross-border issues in corporate law.
- To enable the participants to appreciate the differences in various jurisdictions (starting with India) in specific issues in corporate law in an increasingly globalized world.
- To provide an understanding of the application of rules and structures in practice in cross-border transactions, including the manner in which corporate officers and advisors may structure and implement cross-border transactions in a legally compliant manner.
The teaching methodology would follow a combination of lecture and class discussion, with the Socratic Method exploited to the extent necessary. Each class will also contain active involvement by participants in the class discussion, whether by way of a case study or otherwise.
How to Apply:
- Payment link: https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
- Post payment of fees, kindly fill the registration form: https://forms.gle/R9z8dyLnNHznUwvj9
The last date for applying is 28th August, 2019.
Ms. Harsha Rajwanshi
Convener & Assistant Professor of Law
Mr. Soaham Bajpai
Coordinator & Assistant Professor of Law
Mr. Chirdipkumar Vaishnav
Ms. Jhalak Nandwani
Gujarat National Law University
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor
Gujarat - 382007
Download Brochure, Payment Process