National Seminar on Legal, Ethical and Contractual Issues in Sports
The Centre for Environmental Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA) at National Law School of India University is going to organize a two-day National Seminar on Legal, Ethical and Contractual Issues in Sports.
Date: 27th - 29th July, 2019
Venue: National Law School of India University Campus, Nagarbhavi, Bengaluru
About the Seminar:
Sports and Athletics encompass the favourite pass time of several millennial. Commercial Exploitation of this indulgence has paved the way to the creation of numerous sporting events or games, in the frame and form of Franchises, Endorsements, Public Appearances, including but not limited to Branding, Image-Building, etc.
This wide-spread, growth in Sporting Activities makes it's regulation and governance imperative. The term Sports Law is a conundrum which by virtue of itself is a mere non-existential terminology, but which when looked in through the lens of various applicable laws, Civil, Criminal and Commercial, provides a paradigm shift.
Eligibility for Participation:
- Lawyers, Academicians and Law Students
- Sports Persons & Industry Professionals, including Managers of Sporting Events
- Representatives from Sports Management Companies and other Institutions
- Representatives of Governing and Regulatory Bodies
Legal, Ethical and Contractual Issues
- Contract Management by Sports Management companies
- Branding and Image Rights of Sportspersons
- Recent Trends in Insurance & Risk Management in Sporting Events
- Broadcast Rights of Stakeholders of Sporting Events, including Sportspersons, Management Companies, Franchises
- Law on Doping & Unethical Practices in Sports: A Comparative Analysis
- "Arbitration and Courts": The Third Umpire in Sports Dispute Resolution
- Challenges to regulation of Private Professional Competition Events, Leagues
- Endorsement Rights: Player Vs. Franchise / Club / League
- Implication to Minors in Sports Contracts
- Abuse of Dominance and Competition Issues in Sports
Registration Procedure and Fee Details:
- Rs. 2,500/- (Non-Residential) per participant
Registration fees may be paid by Demand Draft drawn in favor of "National Law School of India University" and sent along with the Registration Form or through NEFT transfer. The fee covers the Registration, lunch, tea / coffee during the breaks for the two-day event. Participants will need to make their own arrangements for boarding / lodging.
Accommodation on campus is available, on first come first serve basis, and on a nominal charge, as per the University Rules. The charges for the same, if availed are exclusive of the Registration Fees. Towards booking accommodation, please write to Mr. M. Gururaj on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date for submission of Abstract:
1st July, 2019
Communication for Acceptance of Abstract:
2nd July, 2019
Last date for Registration:
5th July, 2019
Submission of Full-Length Papers:
20th July, 2019
Ms. Susheela Suresh
Secretary, CEERA, NLSIU
Mr. M. Gururaj
Mr. Rohith Kamath