5th NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Corporate and Commercial Laws
The Centre for Business and Commercial Laws of National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU), in collaboration with Trilegal, is organizing the 5th NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Corporate and Commercial Laws.
Date: 31st August, 2019
Authors must be pursuing their LL.B. (Hons.) / LL.B. / LL.M. from any recognized University for the academic year of 2019-2020, to be eligible to participate in the Summit.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
- Foreign Investment (Private Equity / Venture Capital and Debt Instruments)
- Recent updates on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) and emerging trends
- Capital Markets
- Contemporary Issues
The above areas of law and sub-themes are indicative in nature. The participants are free to choose an inter-disciplinary topic involving one or more of the above areas of law or sub-themes, provided that it fits within the contours of these indicative themes of the Summit.
Call for Papers:
- The Summit shall witness fifteen paper presentations (including essays and articles) that shall be selected after an intensive review procedure to be conducted jointly by Centre for Business & Commercial Laws and Trilegal.
- The participants may adopt any suitable means for presenting the papers including audio-visual aids, such as PowerPoint presentations etc.
- The fifteen selected manuscripts shall be published in a commemorative book (with an ISBN / ISSN number). The top three presentations will be conferred with rewards.
- All presenters at the Summit will receive a certificate acknowledging their participation as a delegate.
- Additionally, the Summit will include a counselling session which will be conducted by partners from Trilegal, exclusively for the shortlisted participants. During the session, the participants can look forward to key career advice from noted corporate practitioners, rare opportunity to interact and be taught directly by the partners along with invaluable networking opportunities.
- Articles: Manuscripts under this category should be 4000 - 6000 words long dealing with an issue in-depth and demonstrating a comparatively higher level of analysis. Co-authorship of papers (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different Institutions is allowed.
- Essays: Manuscripts under this category should be 2000 - 3000 words and either cover a recent development or be issue-specific. Co-authorship is not allowed.
- Kindly note that the word limit is exclusive of footnotes. Strict adherence to the word limit is prescribed. Citations must conform to standards laid down in the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition, 2015). Submissions must use only footnotes as a form of citation. Substantive footnoting is permitted.
- Submission must be accompanied by a covering letter including Author(s) name, email-ID, mobile number and college name. Submissions must only be in electronic form sent via email. All submissions must be in .doc or .docx format and must contain an abstract of 250 - 300 words exclusive of the word limit.
- The email must contain the following documents, in addition to the manuscript, personal details and affiliation of the Author(s), without which the submission will NOT be accepted:
- An originality statement, signed by the Author(s), declaring that the manuscript is the original work of the Author(s).
- A copyright statement, signed by the Author(s), whereby the Author(s) agrees that the copyright in the work shall vest with CBCL.
Authors whose papers are selected for presentation in the Summit shall be required to pay an amount of INR 1000 for single Author entries and INR 1500 for co-authored entries. The Centre will provide accommodation to all the participants.
All papers must be submitted on or before 21st July 2019 (11:59 PM). Emails for submission and any other clarifications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr. Shounak Banerjee
Mr. Mudit Nigam
Mr. Suyash Bhamore