National Student Conference on the International Humanitarian Law
Institute of Law, Nirma University is going to organize a National Student Conference on the International Humanitarian Law on 10th September, 2011. The conference aims to address some of the contemporary issues that are prevailing in the International Humanitarian Laws. The Conference will also mark the inauguration of "Centre for International Humanitarian Law Studies" to be established at the Institute of Law, NirmaUniversity in collaboration with ICRC.
The themes for the discussion are as follows:
Guidelines for the Paper Submission:
- Application of IHL in occupied territories
- Role of ICC in war crimes Justice : How far Has been the success story
- Sovereign Head and Command responsibility
- The crime of aggression
- An abstract should be typed in TIMES NEW ROMAN12 Font Size with 1.5 spacing (Title in 15 Font Size)
- Abstract (not exceeding 200 words) should reach latest by 25th August 2011 in Soft Copy
- Submission should include separate Title Page which clearly indicates the name(s) of the author(s), complete mailing address(es), Telephone No. and e-mail address(es)
- The text of the full paper and abstract must include title of the paper, but must not include the name(s) of the author(s) as the papers will be blind reviewed
- Acceptance of the paper would be notified within 10 days of the receipt of the same. The complete paper should reach us latest by 31st August 2011
- Only original unpublished work is sought. Any proposal submitted to present identical or substantially similar work already published under review for any other publication will not be considered
Registration fees for the NATIONAL STUDENTS CONFERENCE ON INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN LAW shall be Rs. 500/- which should be payed through Demand Draft in favour of 'Institute of Law, Nirma University' payable at Ahmedabad.
Nirma University provides Hostel facility on campus.
The accommodation charges would be Rs. 150/- per day per student on twin sharing basis.
Requirements for accommodation need to be intimated well in advance to the organizers.
Last day for the Submission of Final Papers: 31st August, 2011