National Online Essay Writing Competition on Legal Issues 2019
Law Audience is going to organize an Online Essay Writing Competition on Legal Issues 2019.
- This Competition is open for Law Students only. At present students / participants must be pursuing Bachelor's Degree in Law, i.e. 3-year or 5-year LL.B course from any recognized College or University or pursuing LL.M from any recognized University.
- In one team, not more than 2 participants are allowed. However, participants may seek Individual or Single participation. In one team, participants from different Universities or Schools or Colleges are allowed.
- Any Law College or Law University can send any number of entries. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any College or University.
- The competition shall be online and it shall be in English only.
- This competition is aimed at making the people aware of the legal issues prevailing within the country.
- The participants can write an essay on the themes mentioned below.
- Economic Reservation (The Constitution (One Hundred and Third Amendment) Act, 2019).
- Re-Promulgation of Ordinance Fraud on the Constitution?
- The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- The Registration of Marriage of Non-Resident Indian Bill, 2019.
- Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse.
- Decriminalization of Adultery will Endanger the Institution of Marriage?
- Ayodhya Dispute.
- Marital Rape.
- Word limit - Minimum 1500 words & Maximum 3500 words (Including foot notes)
- Format - MS Word
- Font - Times New Roman
- Font size - 12 for text, 14 for Headings, 10 for footnotes
- Page numbers - bottom center or right
- Line Spacing - 1.5 for text and 1.0 for footnotes
- Alignment - Justified and layout must be A4 size
- Margin - One inch each side
- The citation methodology to be followed is Harvard Bluebook (19th Edition)
- All the essays must be the original work of the Author(s) and must be plagiarism free (10% similarity is acceptable with proper footnotes & references) and must not be published anywhere else or must not be selected for publication anywhere else.
- Don't include your personal details (such as your name, phone number and email, etc.) anywhere in the soft copy of the essay otherwise it will be rejected. A team code will be allotted and you have to mention that team code on the 1st page of the essay and start your essay from the 2nd page.
Online Registration Form:
- The Registration fee for law students is Rs. 150/- for an Individual Registration & Rs. 200/- for a Team Registration.
- All essays must be sent as docx files through a Google Form. Essays submitted through any other mode other than Google Form shall be disqualified.
- The title of the Soft Copy of the Essay must be in the following format: "Law Audience's National Online Essay Writing Competition on Legal Issues 2019".
- Transfer or Pay the 'Registration Fee' carefully; Law Audience shall not be liable for any kind of mistake done by the participant at the time of transferring or paying the registration fee.
- Registration fee is not refundable at any cost. It will be refundable only in a case the competition is called off by the organizing committee due to any unavoidable circumstances.
- First Prize: Certificate of Merit + Cash Prize of Rs. 700 + Publication of the Essay in the Special Issue of Law Audience Journal (ISSN (online): 2581-6705).
- Second Prize: Certificate of Merit + Cash Prize of Rs. 300 + Publication of the Essay in the Special Issue of Law Audience Journal (ISSN (online): 2581-6705).
- Third Prize: Certificate of Merit + Publication of the Essay in the Special Issue of Law Audience Journal (ISSN (online): 2581-6705).
- Fourth Prize: Certificate of Merit + Publication of the Essay in the Special Issue of Law Audience Journal (ISSN (online): 2581-6705).
- Fifth Prize: Certificate of Merit + Publication of the Essay in the Special Issue of Law Audience Journal (ISSN (online): 2581-6705).
- After selecting the above-mentioned 5 Prizes, i.e, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th, the next top 5 essays will get a chance to be published in the Law Audience's Blog but not in the Law Audience Journal and no Certificate of Merit will be provided to the winners of these next top 5 essays.
- All the participants will get a soft copy of the Certificate of Participation. No hard copies of the Certificates will be provided to the participants and the winners.
Date of release of Official Notification:
9th May, 2019
Last date for Registration and Payment of Registration fee:
25th May, 2019
Releasing of Individual / Team Codes:
26th May, 2019
Last date for submission of Essay (Soft Copy):
14th June, 2019
Declaration of Result:
30th June, 2019
Mr. Varun Kumar