The NLSIU IPR-Technology Law Essay Competition
The Law and Technology Society and the Centre for Intellectual Property Research & Advocacy (CIPRA) at National Law School of India University, Bangalore are pleased to announce the NLSIU IPR-Technology Law Essay Competition.
This is open to all undergraduate students, postgraduate students and research scholars from all streams.
Authors can write on any one of the following topics:
- Disclosure requirements in Technical Standards
- Impact of 5G on IPR atmosphere
- Smart contracts and licensing
- Patenting AI: Legal Implications
- There is no hard copy submission. Soft copies of the essays are to be submitted to email@example.com only. Please mention your name, academic year / position and Institution in the body of the email.
- Every essay must have a title and abstract.
- The suggested word limit is 2500 to 3000 words, exclusive of citations.
- All documents must be submitted in MS Word format, in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, line spacing 1.5, justified text. Footnotes are to be in font size 10 pt with 1.0 line spacing.
- A Uniform Citation Style has to be followed throughout the document.
- No name or identification marks of any kind relating to the Author or their Institution must be revealed in the word document itself.
- The submissions must be accompanied with a brief biography of the Author(s) that should not exceed 250 words. This will not affect the evaluation of the essays.
- All file names must include the name of the Author(s) as "Essay_Ashok Kumar".
- All interested participants must register by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th May 2019, confirming their participation in the competition. Please mention your name, academic year / position and Institution in the body of the email.
- There is no registration fee for the competition.
1st place - Rs. 5000/-
2nd place - Rs. 3000/-
3rd place - Rs. 2000/-
- A certificate of participation shall be e-mailed to all the Authors who have successfully submitted an essay.
- Depending upon the quality of entries, the best scoring essays will be published by CIPRA and Law and Technology Society, NLSIU in a booklet, with due credit given to the Authors.
- The winning Author(s) will be offered an internship opportunity with CIPRA.
The last date for submission is 20th May, 2019 (11:59 P.M. IST). For any queries, clarifications or requests, please write to us at email@example.com.
Ms. Arshita Aggarwal
Mr. Aman Vasavada
Ms. Esha Goyal
Law and Technology Society
National Law School of India University, Bangalore