Conference on International Law 2019
Indian National Bar Association, Student Section is going to organise a Conference on International Law
Date: 25th April, 2019
Venue: SHANGRI-LA'S, New Delhi, Delhi
Many people see international law to be abstract in nature. Topics such as war and peace or relationships between countries are considered by many as not questions of law, but of power and influence. It is often viewed in a narrow sense by focusing solely on the aspects of security, diplomacy, and peace but with the ever-expanding technology particularly data-flow, complex interactions between states and people, and most importantly, climate change and hence it is high time to look at international law in a broader sense.
The effects of international law on the municipal laws of various countries of the world are diverse. In countries which follow 'monist' school, international treaties are so-called self-executing in nature. On the other hand, countries like India follow the 'dualist' school of law thereby not implementing international treaties into national law automatically and without legislation made by the Parliament of India.
The approach of Indian courts towards international law has been constantly evolving. Indian Judiciary, though not empowered to make legislation, is free to interpret India's obligations under international law into the domestic legal sphere of the country in pronouncing its decision in a case concerning issues of international law.
Keeping in view the above, there exists need to deliberate over the evolving spheres of international law and their interactions with each other. This conference is intended to provide a platform for academicians, lawyers, corporate personalities and scholars all over the country and abroad to share their insights. As the need to foster the study of international law and to promote international relations on the basis of law and justice is more significant today than ever, the objective of this conference is:
- To foster the study and development of International Lawa
- To encourage research in International Lawa
- To study the application of International Law as primarily affecting India
The conference is a platform of an international legal debate that examines recent developments and prospects for development of International Law and connected matters. It opens its doors to Authors from different countries encouraging presentations of views from Students and Academicians from the legal education space and from the practitioners of law on the following themes:
- International Law in Cyberspace
- Data Protection & Privacy in the realm of cyberspace
- Artificial Intelligence and its implications for International Commercial Law
- Cross-border investment in the cyber domain
- Regulation of Cyberspace by International Law
- Effect of rapidly developing cyberspace on corporate entities
- Evolution of International Commercial Law due to evolving cyberspace
- The conflict between the data subject's rights and powers of online platforms - the right to be forgotten
- Virtual dispute resolution centers
- International Human Rights
- Cross-border Human Trafficking
- Racial Prejudice and Death Penalty
- Gendering the Genocide
- Religious Freedom and Equality: Intercultural Encounters
- Are Refugee Rights Human Rights?
- How does Human Rights law complement international relations at the global level?
- How enforceable are international Human Rights laws? Perspectives on achievements and challenges still to surmount.
- Non-member states of the United Nations and the protection of International Human Rights law
- Grey zones in International Human Rights law
- International Humanitarian Law and International Refugees Law
- Migration and Ethnic Relations
- Governance of Internal Displacement
- Female Combatants in warfare
- Evolving nature of Warfare
- Asylum & the rights of refugees
- Access to International Protection: Towards a gradual merger between Refugee Law and International Humanitarian Law?
- Evolution of Refugee Law in the context of the latest socio-political developments
- International Commercial Law
- Resolving cross-border insolvency
- Increasing Access to International Arbitration
- International Economic Sanctions and its implications
- Financial corruption under International Commercial Law
- Cross-border M & A and International Commercial Law
- International Commercial Arbitration in Cyberspace
The above areas of law and themes are indicative in nature. The participants are free to choose any inter-disciplinary topic involving one or more of the above areas of law.
Call for Papers
- The language of the paper and the working language of the seminar and the presentations shall be done in English only.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of a maximum of two Authors per submission.
- The Author(s) is required to send an Abstract of their paper upon selection of which they will be required to send their paper.
- The Abstract must contain the highlights of the full paper and should be between 300 and 500 words.
- The soft copy of Abstract shall be submitted to: email@example.com along with a cover page mentioning Author(s) name(s), University / Organization, paper title, email address and mobile number.
- The research paper must be submitted by 27th March, 2019 along with a copy of the scanned Demand Draft or receipt in case of Net banking.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier or should be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
Format of Submission:
- The text should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt. The headings should be in in Times New Roman, font size 14 pt, line spacing 1.5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 pt with single spacing.
- 19th Edition Bluebook citation format should be followed strictly.
- One inch margin on all sides should be maintained.
- The word limit is 3500 - 5000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Registration fees for attending the Conference: Rs. 590/- (inclusive of applicable GST)
- Single Authors: INR 1180/- (inclusive of applicable GST)
- Two Authors: INR 1770/- (inclusive of applicable GST)
Beneficiary's Name: Indian National Bar Association New Delhi - 110014.
Payable through Demand Draft or Net Banking
Prizes: Cash prizes & Certificates:
- Best Speaker (per session): INR 5000/-
- Second-Best Speaker (per session): INR 3000/-
- Best 10 research papers would be published
- All participants will get participation certificates
Last date for Registration:
10th March, 2019
Last date for Abstract submission has been extended to:
16th March, 2019
Last date for payment (post Abstract acceptance):
27th March, 2019
Submission of Full Length paper:
27th March, 2019
Ms. Arushi Sethi
Mr. Manas Aggarwal
Indian National Bar Association
8/11, 1st Floor, Shahi Hospital Road,
Jangpura Extension, Jangpura,
New Delhi - 110014