National Seminar on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code: A Paradigm Shift
Chanakya National Law University is going to organize the one day UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code: A Paradigm Shift
Date: 13th April, 2019
Venue: Chanakya National Law University, Nyaya Nagar, Mithapur, Patna
About the Seminar:
The one day UGC Sponsored National Seminar on "Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code: A Paradigm Shift" which focuses on creating a nation-wide conversation providing an opportunity to students, academicians, law professionals and all other stakeholders to put forward their research and share their knowledge on wide range of topics relating to Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code and related subjects.
The purpose of the Seminar is to provoke discussion and debate on a range of topics and including subjects like Bankruptcy for Corporate, Insolvency Professional, traditional knowledge protection, amongst others. The agenda is kept deliberately broad and the discussions are intended to be accessible to a general audience.
The Seminar program offers high-level content relevant not only to students pursuing law or any other academic degree but also to young innovators from different fields; advocates, policy advisors, academicians, judicial officers and a range of government and non-government organizations to engage in a dialogue on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code. Through this initiative, we want our students and faculty to develop a broader perspective of their responsibility to society and to give them an opportunity to listen to experiences, researches and findings of our esteemed panel of speakers, guests, academicians as well as students.
The Seminar will also provide a unique opportunity for lawyers and associated professional members in the region to exchange insights, explore current policy and practice issues, and exposure to a professional network of colleagues with shared interests and expertise.
- To create a pathway for broader participation of Research Scholars, Academicians, Students to share diversified perspective over Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016..
- To demonstrate the various ways in which effective development and regulatory structure can be formulated on the basics of principles and provisions of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016..
- To evaluate the performance of IBC, 2016 and to lay down future roadmap to achieve the objective and vision of Code 2016.
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code is considered as the biggest economic reform in Indian History, at par with Goods and Service Tax. This step of Indian Government is already proved to be a game-changer and in instrumental in unlocking the stuck capital into the economy. The prime objective of the code 2016 is to consolidate and amend the laws relating to reorganised and insolvency resolution of Corporate Person, Partnership Firms and Individuals in time bound manner. Further, the code emphasised to realised maximum values of assets of such persons and promote entrepreneurship. The forward move of the state proved as an instrument in bringing in timely, swift and quick time-bound intervention, be it by way of restructuring, which in a vegetative state for a long time.
The one day National Seminar will concentrate or bring into light the emerging and contemporary issues under Insolvency and Bankruptcy. The main theme of the seminar is "Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code: A Paradigm Shift".
- Legal and Regulatory Framework of IBC, 2016
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Act, 2018
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Act, 2017
- The IBBI (Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) (Amendment) Regulations, 2018
- The IBBI (Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2018
- The IBBI (Fast Track Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) (Amendment) Regulations, 2018
- The IBBI (Insolvency Professional) (Amendment) Regulation, 2018
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Act 2018 vs. The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016
- A Critique of IBC, 2016
- Timeline is Essence: IBC, 2016
- Emerging Jurisprudence
- IBC: A Boon for Entrepreneurship
- IBC: Leads to Ease of Doing Business
- IBC: A Review from International Perspective
- Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process
- Initiative of Process by Financial / Operational Creditor
- Corporate Debtor / Applicant
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy for Individual and Partnership
- Fast Track Resolution
- Information Utilities: Evolution under IBC, 2016
- Role of Insolvency Professional Agencies
- Role of Insolvency Professional
- Bankruptcy Trustee: Role and Function
- Financial Creditors and Operational Creditors under IBC, 2016
- Priority of Claims and the Bankruptcy Code
- Cross Border Insolvency
- Rights of Secured and Unsecured Creditors under IBC, 2016
- Voluntary Liquidation of Corporate Entity
- Compulsory Liquidation of Corporate Entity
- Bankruptcy Vs. SARFAESI
- IBC 2016: Implementation Challenges
- Effect of Bankruptcy on Debtors
- Effect of Bankruptcy on Creditors
Call for Papers:
We cordially invite articles, case notes and research papers on the theme from all academicians, researchers, advocates, social activists and students pursuing law or any other academic degree. Interested participants may submit their abstracts and full papers for the Seminar on the following e-mail ID: email@example.com. The above mentioned sub-themes are not exhaustive. The Author may submit the research paper on any topic related to the theme.
- The language of the paper, the working language of the Seminar and the presentations shall be done in English only.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of maximum two Authors per submission.
- The Author(s) are required to send Abstract of their paper, upon selection of which they will be required to send their full paper.
- The Abstract must contain the highlights of the full paper and should not exceed 500 words. The soft copy of the Abstract shall be submitted along with a cover page.
- Author Name(s), University / Organization, Paper Title, Email Address and Mobile Number to be stated clearly in the cover page of the Paper.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification
- Author(s) will be required to fill the registration form after the selection of their Abstract.
- In case of co-authorship at least one Author must attend the Seminar to present the paper.
- A person may submit at the maximum of only 1 article.
- The text should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, spacing 1.5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 pt with single spacing.
- One inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- 19th Bluebook citation format shall be strictly followed.
- The paper should be within in 3500 - 4500 words which is inclusive of footnotes and Abstract.
All submissions must be made in softcopy to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before the last date of submission. All submissions must be made in MS Word document format. The body of the email must contain details of the Author and the Title of the Paper.
Papers guaranteeing merit shall be published in a book with ISBN number. The University reserves the discretion of the selection of the paper. There will be a ISBN number book that will also be published by the University that will contain selected number of papers.
The registration process for participation may be both earlier and on-the-spot. The persons will be required to fill the registration form provided along with the brochure or available at the university, in case of on-the-spot registration.
- Students / Research Scholars: Rs. 500/- (co-authors have to register separately)
- Academicians / Professionals: Rs. 750/- (co-authors have to register separately)
- On-the-Spot Registration (Students / Research Scholars): Rs. 750/-
- On-the-Spot Registration (Academicians / Professionals): Rs. 1000/-
Note: The registration fee includes seminar kit, breakfast, lunch, high tea and access to all technical sessions on the day of the seminar. Registration fee does not include accommodation charges (No TA / DA).
Registration form along with Demand Draft and Abstract is to be sent via post (In case of Demand Draft, kindly mention your name and the name of event, "IBC Seminar" at the back of the Demand Draft). The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of "Registrar, Chanakya National Law University, Patna" and payable at Patna.The post shall be sent to the following address:
Chanakya National Law University,
Nyaya Nagar, Mithapur,
Patna - 800001, Bihar
Last date for Registration and Abstract Submission along with fee:
10th March, 2019
Last date for full paper Submission:
23rd March, 2019
Date of Seminar:
13th April, 2019
Ms. Ankita Bhushan
Mr. Subham Jain
Mr. Vikram Aditya
Mr. Vikash Kr. Ranjan
Chanakya National Law University
Nyaya Nagar, Mithapur,
Patna, Bihar - 800001