Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) - 2019
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India entrance examination conducted on rotation by the 21 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LL.B. & LL.M.).
Date of CLAT 2019 Examination: 12th May, 2019 (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
The 19 participating National Law Universities are:
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata
- National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi
- National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Cuttack
- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi
- National Law University and Judicial Academy (NLUJA), Assam
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLS), Tiruchirappalli
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Aurangabad
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU), Shimla
- M.P. Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) - 5 year Integrated Course:
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2019.
- As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
- 45% percent marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI Categories
- 40% marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April, 2019 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2019 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break off tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component / section on legal aptitude in the CLAT-2019 exam;
- Higher age;
- Computerised draw of lots.
LL.M. - 1 year Course:
- An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 55% marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories and 50% marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April / May 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT-2019.
CLAT 2019 Fees:
- Application fees can be paid only online.
- Application fee for General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI candidates: Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC / ST / BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
- The cost of previous years' question papers is Rs. 500/- (not included in the CLAT-2019 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
- The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online. The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed in the payment gateway page after you choose the mode of payment.
- Application Fees is non-refundable.
Mode of Application:
- Indian Nationals / NRIs / PIO / OCI seeking admission in either of the UG / PG programmes shall appear in CLAT-2019.
- Foreign Nationals need not appear for the Test
- The application form, complete in all respects and after payment of fees must be finally submitted on or before 31st March, 2019 (11:59 P.M.). Incomplete application forms shall not be considered. The candidates shall fill and submit the application form well in time to avoid last minute hassles. The CLAT Office or the organizing University shall in no case be responsible for any incomplete information or misinformation or inconvenience faced by the candidate in this regard.
- For any information relating to the 21 NLUs, the candidate may refer to the e-brochure of the respective Institutions available in the CLAT consortium website.
- For NRI / Foreign National seats, the applicants are advised to refer to the e-brochures as well as the websites of the respective NLUs for more details. All NRI Category candidates have to appear for the CLAT-2019 examination for those NLUs where such category is admitted through CLAT 2019 rankings and not admitted directly by the concerned Universities.
The last date for registration / final submission of Application is 31st March, 2019.
CLAT Consortium of National Law Universities
P.O. Bag 7201, Nagarbhavi,
Bangalore - 560 072
Phone: +91-97415 21069, +91-94825 67257