Faculty of Law, University of Calcutta - Admission 2019
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to LL.M. course at the following institutions:
- Department of Law, University of Calcutta
- Surendranath Law College
- Jogesh Chandra Chaudhury Law College
- South Calcutta Law College
- Kolkata Police Law Institute (Self-financed) - preferably for in service police personnel of Kolkata Police and West Bengal Police
LL.M. - 2 year Programme
Admission to LL.M. course shall be open to applicants who have passed their B.A. LL.B (Hons.) / B.A. LL.B / LL.B (Hons.) / LL.B. examination from this University or from other University recognized by the University of Calcutta.
- Application Fees of Rs. 400/- (non-refundable) for General Category candidates and Rs. 200/- (non-refundable) for SC / ST / OBC-A / OBC-B / PWD should be submitted only in the University Cash Counter (Hazra Campus) through University Cash Challan rom 18th December, 2018 to 18th January, 2019 (12.30 p.m. to 3 p.m.).
- Prescribed forms duly filled in should be submitted to the office of the Faculty of Law, 51/1, Hazra Road, Kolkata - 700019
- No application form will be accepted by post / courier.
- Admission to LL.M. course shall be open to applicants who have passed their B.A.LL.B (Hons.) / B.A. LL.B / LL.B (Hons.) / LL.B. examination from this University or from other University recognized by the University of Calcutta.
- 50% percent of the total number of seats in the 1st year shall be reserved for B.A. LL.B (Hons.) candidates of this University and for the remaining seats an Entrance Test will be conducted. The written test will be of 100 marks, 60 marks for MCQ, and 40 marks for subjective test from B.A.LL.B. syllabus of University of Calcutta.
- The written Test will be held on 20th January, 2019 from 1p.m. to 2.30 p.m. at the Department of Law, University of Calcutta, 51/1, Hazra Road, Kolkata - 700019.
The last date for submission of application form is 18th January, 2019
Prof. J.K. Das
Dean & Secretary
Faculty Council for Post-Graduate Studies in Law
51/1 Hazra Road,
Calcutta - 700019