Government Law College Model United Nations Conference 2019
Government Law College, Mumbai is going to organize the Government Law College Model United Nations Conference, 2019.
Date: 22nd - 24th March, 2019
Venue: Government Law College, 'A' Road, Churchgate, Mumbai
Our efforts for the 11th GLCMUN 2019 have been recognized and commended by the Secretary-General of United Nations, Mr. Antonio Guterres himself.
The 10th Edition, or The Anniversary Edition of GLCMUN held in March, 2018, achieved unprecedented milestones as GLCMUN'18 saw a participation of over 250 Delegates, from across the country, its closing ceremony at Trident Hotel, Nariman Point was honoured by the presence of Former Supreme Court Judge, Justice Gyan Sudha Misra, Founder of Gateway House and former IFS officer Mrs. Neelam Deo, Consulate General of Iran Mr. Ahmad Sadeghi, the consulate general of South Africa ML Ramokgopa and the National Spokesperson of AAP Mr. Raghav Chadda.
This Edition, our theme for the 11th Model UN Conference is "A Global Mission for Peace and Human Rights", furthering the mission of the Secretary General of the United Nations who also acknowledged our efforts by sending us a message for our 11th Edition.
The committees we will simulate will discuss issues of global relevance and will challenge the delegates to work out strong and amicably agreed resolutions to ensure world peace.
Committees and their agenda in the conference:
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC)
- The situation in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and review of the MONUSCO mandate.
- Maintenance of International Peace and Security: Non-proliferation of weapons of Mass Destruction.
- The Ukraine NATO Inter-Parliamentary Council (UNIPC)
- Russian aggression against NATO allies.
- Solution to the Ukrainian conflict.
- United Nations General Assembly (DISEC)
- Discussing issues pertaining to the drafting of the Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism.
- Possibility of a Nuclear Weapons Free Zone in the Middle East.
- World Economic Forum (WEF)
- Strengthening public-private partnerships to combat money laundering and financial crimes.
- Advancement in the Fourth Industrial Revolution with emphasis on Cyber Security.
- United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
- Human Rights of Civilians and Non Combatants in Conflict Zones with special reference to Women and Children
- Preparing for the Aftermath of Syrian Conflict
- United Nations General Assembly (Legal)
- Safeguarding ocean space for present and future generations.
- Legitimacy of economic sanctions under international law.
- Lok Sabha
- Laws relating to Fugitive Economic Offenders.
- Discussion on the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2018.
- The Registration Fee is INR 2000/- (To be Paid When allotment is Sent)
- The (Optional) Accommodation Fee is INR 4500/- (3 Nights Package at Astoria Hotel, Churchgate) (To be Paid After Allotments Are Made)
Total Cash Prizes : Over INR 1 Lakh
Including Best Delegate: Rs. 10,000
High Commendation: Rs. 5,000
Best Reporter: Rs. 8,000
Best Photographer: Rs. 8,000
Mr. Abhijit Bhandarkar
Government Law College Model United Nations Society
Government Law College, Mumbai
'A' Road, Churchgate
Mumbai - 400020