National Seminar on Better and Fair Environment for Women at Workplace
Chanakya National Law University, Patna is going to organize the National Seminar on Better and Fair Environment for Women at Workplace.
Date: 20th January, 2019
Venue: Chanakya National Law University, Nyaya Nagar, Mithapur, Patna
Women have been the victim of discrimination from ages due to feminine character. They have been the subject of physical abuse, intimidation and threat throughout their life. Although, our scriptures do boast of respect towards women but the reality cannot be overruled with historical rhetoric. Today, women are no longer caged within four walls as the educational progress have provided them access to the areas where only men were working. Thus, the work places have become a junction of male and female employees and beneficiaries / consumers.
But here also, the women have been victim of intimidation under the traditional sadistic masculinity which has been named as sexual harassment. The power game plays major role and the consequence is horrible. The VISAKHA guidelines by the Supreme Court has been a milestone in the journey to women empowerment, which has been replaced by Sexual Harassment Act 2013, a comprehensive legislation, and UGC mandate to enforce this Act in all academic institutions. Despite the fact, that, the Act is mandatorily enforced in all sectors of work, the women are unsafe. The present #MeToo movement have been digging the earth. Of course, contradictory thoughts have given impetuous to discussion on the age-old issues.
Call for Papers
- Ethics of Masculinity and Offences against Women
- Psycho-somatic Disorder and Women Atrocities
- Value Education and Offences against Women
- VISHAKHA Guidelines and Security of Women
- Sexual Harassment Act 2013 and Women
- #MeToo Movement and Safety of Women
- Sexual Harassment and Defence of Defamation
- Women Safety in Digital World
- Word Limit: Abstract 250 - 500 words, Full Paper 4000 - 5000 words.
- Font: Times News Roman, Size: Heading 14 pt, Text 12 pt, Spacing 1.5, Margin 1.
- All references to be mentioned in foot note with uniform citation.
- Paper to be submitted in word file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: It should not be a copied material.
- Academician: Rs. 1500/-
- Research Scholars: Rs.1200/-
- Student: Rs.600/-
Participants will have to bear their travel expenses themselves. Accommodation may be provided only to the female delegates on their prior request, on payment of Rs. 400/- each in the Girls' Hostel of the University. DD in favour of Registrar CNLU, Payable at Patna.
Last date of Submission of Abstract (300 Words):
31st December, 2018
Confirmation of Abstract:
5th January, 2019
Last date of Registration:
12th January, 2019
Prof. Dr. S.C. Roy
Professor of Law, Dean Research and Development
Prof. Dr. Ajay Kumar
Professor of Law, Dean Academic Affairs
Mr. Hrishikesh Manu
Mr. Kumar Gaurav
Mr. Samar Pratap Singh
Ms. Sakshi Prakhar
Mr. Vishal Kapur
Ms. Satvika Vardey
Chanakya National Law University
Nyaya Nagar, Mithapur
Patna, Maharashtra - 800001