Indian Arbitration Law Review: Call for Papers
The National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU) is pleased to announce the launch of the Indian Arbitration Law Review, an annual peer reviewed journal devoted to arbitration. The Journal, supported by L & L Partners Law Offices, is set to be released in February 2019 during the 4th NLIU - Tankha International Moot Court Competition.
Submissions for scholarly, original and unpublished written works from persons across the legal profession - students, academicians and practitioners - are invited, to be published in Volume 1 of the Journal.
About the Journal:
The Journal looks to meaningfully add to the research in arbitration and will publish scholarly submissions on contemporary issues in the law and practice of Arbitration. All submissions will undergo a multi-layered rigorous editorial process by an expert Board of Editors.
Submissions can be made under the following categories:
- Long Articles (3500 - 6000 words): The article must be a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of a contemporary issue in arbitration law and should include reference to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions.
- Short Articles (2000 - 3500 words): The article must be an analysis of a contemporary issue in arbitration law and should include reference to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions.
- Case Comments (2000 - 5000 words): The comment must be an analysis of a recent judgment, bringing out its relevance in light of the development of arbitration law, views expressed in the judgment and the opinion(s) of the Author.
- Book Review (1000 - 3000 words): The review must be a crisp account of a recently published book on Arbitration, including the issues explored and the related arguments of the Author.
The word limit is inclusive of footnotes. Kindly adhere strictly to the word limit prescribed above.
All original submissions must be accompanied by an Abstract not exceeding 300 words. The Abstract must expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the Author wishes to put forth and must categorically mention the specific contribution of the article beyond the existing available literature.
The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt and in 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 pt and in single line spacing. The citations must conform to The Bluebook Style of Citation, 20th Edition. Kindly send your manuscript in MS Word (.docx) format to email@example.com. The subject of the e-mail should be "Submission for Volume 1 - 'Title of the manuscript'".
The submission should be accompanied by a Covering Letter which must include the following details:
- Name of Author(s)
- Contact Details - Address and Mobile Number
- Name and Address of Institution (if any)
- Course currently being pursued / Academic Qualifications
The submissions for the Journal must not have been previously published or submitted for publication elsewhere. The copyright for the contribution presented to and accepted for publication shall remain with the National Law Institute University, Bhopal.
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 30th September, 2018 (11:59 pm IST).
Ms. Aishwarya Srivastava
Phone: +91-94256 05670
Mr. Hardik Jain
Phone: +91-95750 81824
Ms. Shubhi Bhandari
Phone: +91-95983 65223
Mr. Udyan Arya Shrivastava
Phone: +91-89826 05691
National Law Institute University
Kerwa Dam Road,
Bhopal - 462044