Module Course on "Proclivity of Gender: Socio-Legal Approach to LGBTQ Community"
Unitedworld School of Law, Karnavati University is going to organize the module course on 'Proclivity of Gender: Socio-Legal Approach to LGBTQ Community'.
Date: 27th - 31st August, 2018
Venue: Unitedworld School of Law, Karnavati University.
About the Course:
This course aims to motivate acceptance of persons from LGBTQ Community and to disseminate knowledge of how better they can be socialized. It is one credit course of 20 hours in total, devised to carryout in one week. The Prince of Rajpipla, Gujarat and LGBTQ activist Manvendra Singh Gohil will be the Resource Person for this Course and shall enlighten the participants on practical, legal and social approach to such persons.
- Conceptual Understanding of LGBTQ
- Health Disparities faced by LGBTQ people
- Transgender medical and surgical treatment
- Strategies for care and protections LGBTQ patients
- HIV and STI screening awareness amongst LGBTQ
- Societal Aspect: Overcoming the barriers to provide better care to LGBTQ people
- Law and Policies for LGBTQ: Indian Constitution, IPC, CrPC, Human Rights, etc.
- Domestic Case Laws: Naz Foundation Case, Suresh Koshi Case, NALSA Judgment, etc.
- Students / Academicians / Professionals: Free
Registration for this course can be done by submitting duly-filled registration form on firstname.lastname@example.org. On the Spot registration is possible, however, considering the limit of available seats; it is desired to register before the last date of registration.
Separate Certificate of Participation of the Inaugural Day, i.e. 27th August 2018, shall be provided to the participants attending all sessions of Inaugural Day. The participants attending 80% of sessions shall be eligible to seat for the exam based on the syllabus of the course and may secure certificate with the achieved grades.
Accommodation & Travel:
No Travel or Accommodation facility will be provided by the Unitedworld School of Law. However the Organizing team may assist participants regarding this in case of inquiries.
Registration Opening Date:
1st August, 2018.
Last date for Registration:
25th August, 2018.
27th - 31st August, 2018
Mr. Shrut S. Brahmbhatt
Assistant Professor of Law,
Unitedworld School of Law
Download Brochure, Registration Form