Law Audience: National Online Essay Writing Competition on Independence Day 2018
Law Audience is going to conduct the National Essay Writing Competition on Independence Day 2018. This competition is aimed at celebrating the great Independence Day. No physical presence is necessary.
As we all know that India got Independence on 15th of August, 1947. India is a democratic country and it is an outcome of the struggle of various freedom fighters. Many freedom fighters fought for the Independence. A special feature of this competition is that it is open for all the citizens of India. There is no restriction as to qualification or profession. Any person who is a citizen of India can participate in it.
- It shall be an online event.
- It is open for all the citizens of India.
- There is no restriction as to qualification and profession.
- In one team, not more than 2 participants are allowed. However, participants may seek Individual or Single participation. In one team, participants from different Universities or Schools or Colleges or professions are allowed.
- Importance of Independence Day
- Discuss the struggle for Independence
- Discuss the concept of Nationalism
- Discuss the concept of Hindutva
- Discuss the concept of Secularism
Participants are bound to follow the above-mentioned themes; you cannot form your own themes.
- Word limit - Minimum 2500 words & Maximum 10,000 words (including footnotes)
- Format - MS Word
- Font - Times New Roman
- Font size - 12pt for text, 14pt for Headings, 10pt for footnotes
- Page numbers - bottom center
- Line Spacing - 1.5 for text and 1.0 for footnotes
- Alignment - Justified and layout must be A4 size
- Margin - One inch each side
- The citation methodology to be followed is Harvard Bluebook (19th Edition)
- All the write-ups must be plagiarism free
Note: Don't include your personal details (such as your name, phone number, email and other information of personal nature) anywhere in the soft copy of the essay otherwise it will be disqualified.
All submissions must be sent as DOCX files through a Google form. Submissions submitted through any other mode other than Google form shall be disqualified. The title of the Soft Copy of the essay must be in the following format: "Law Audience's National Online Essay Writing Competition on Independence Day 2018".
- The Registration Fee is Rs. 250/- for an Individual / Single Registration & Rs. 300/- for a Team Registration.
- Mode of Payment:
- Online (Credit Card / Debit Card / Net-banking / UPI / Wallets)
- Alternative: Registration Fees can also be paid via PayTM @ 8351033361
- The participants must submit the duly filled registration form via JotForm after making the Payment, attach the screenshot of Payment while filling up the registration form.
- An acknowledgement will be auto generated after filling up the registration form.
Transfer or Pay the 'Registration Fee' carefully; we will not be liable for any kind of mistake done by the participant at the time of transferring or paying the registration fee. Registration fee is non-refundable at all costs. It will be refundable only in a case the competition is called off by the organizing committee due to any unavoidable circumstances. The competition can be called off by the organising committee at any time, even during the competition also.
- First Prize: Certificate of Merit + Cash Prize of Rs. 500/- + Publication of the essay on the official website but not in the Law Audience Journal.
- Second Prize: Certificate of Merit + Cash Prize of Rs 400/- + Publication of the essay on the official website but not in the Law Audience Journal.
- Third Prize: Certificate of Merit + Publication of the essay on the official website but not in the Law Audience Journal.
A soft copy of the certificate of participation will be emailed to all the participants after successful declaration of the official result.
Note: If you include the more legal content in the above-mentioned themes, then it may be considered for publication in upcoming journal (Law Audience Journal). Law Audience reserves the right to remove any of the above-mentioned prizes (In case, if we don't receive suitable submissions).
Date of Release of Official Notification:
12th August, 2018
Last date for Registration:
24th August, 2018
Last date for Clarifications & Allotment of Team Codes:
25th August, 2018
Last date for Submission of Soft Copy of the Essay:
2nd September, 2018
Declaration of Result:
15th September, 2018
Mr. Varun Kumar
Founder & CEO & Editor-In-Chief