International Seminar on Human Rights & Persons with Disabilities
Indian Law Institute, New Delhi in collaboration with CASIHR (Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab), Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur & International Council of Jurists, London is organizing the one day International Seminar on Human Rights & Persons with Disabilities
Date: 2nd December, 2018
Venue: Indian Law Institute, Bhagwan Dass Road, New Delhi
About the Seminar:
The seminar is aiming at highlighting different issues underlining disability jurisprudence from Human Rights perspective. We welcome different stakeholders including persons with disabilities, disability law activists, academicians, researchers, lawyers, medical professionals and bureaucrats. This seminar is a noble initiation of Law Mantra in association with RGNUL Punjab through its Research Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights, upcoming Centre for Disability Studies and Health Laws and MNLU, Nagpur. We are considering this seminar as a platform to initiate a RIGHT discourse, expecting thought provoking, multidisciplinary, quality research papers.
Themes for Seminar:
- Social Integration and Challenges
- Human Rights of women, children & sex workers
- Discrimination and Human Rights violation
- The role of National Human Right Commission in promotion and protection of Human Rights
- Human Rights of Indigenous people
- Mob Lynching and Vigilantism
- Conflict between IPR/Business Law and Human Rights
- Disability as a Social Impairment
- Social Model of Disabilities and Human Rights
- Disability and Human Rights: Legal Framework
- International Humanitarian Law and Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Healthcare and Disability
- Medical Professionals and Interaction with Persons with Disabilities
- Reproductive Rights of Women with Disabilities: International Human Rights Perspective
- Right to Education and Persons with Disabilities
- Right to Employment and Disability
- Healthcare and Treatment of Persons with Disabilities: A Issue of Consent
- Healthcare and Privacy Issues related to Persons with Disabilities
- Comparative study on Disability Laws and Policies
- Indian Laws and UNCRPD: Future of Disability Laws
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to the above mentioned themes.
Call for Papers:
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts:
Abstract (of about 250 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer reviewed before they are accepted.
The following information, in the given format, should be send along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant
- Official Designation / Institution Details
- Address and Email ID
- Title of Abstract
The subject line of Email should read as: 'Abstract Submission for International Seminar on Human Rights & Persons with Disabilities".
Guidelines for Submission of Full Paper:
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it.
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS Word format (preferably 2007 or 2010).
- The paper must be in single column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The sub-heading should be in font size 12 pt, Bold and Times New Roman, left aligned.
- The main text should be in font size 12 pt, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified.
- The length of paper should not exceed 6,000 words (including footnotes). Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 pt and should be according to the Bluebook 19th Edition.
All papers accepted for the conference will be published in UGC Referred Book bearing ISBN, CASIHR Journal on Human Rights Practice (JHRP) by RGNUL, Contemporary Law and Policy Review - NLU Nagpur, International Journal of Legal Research and Governance and Law Mantra Journal. (If selected for Publication in UGC Referred Book bearing ISBN, Publication Charge will be extra as per bill of the Publication House).
Rules for the Participants:
- No Abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively.
- Participants / Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of Abstract with payment of required fees.
- For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in the Conference.
- All the registered participants will be provided a participation certificate, conference kit, lunch and tea.
Submit your abstract to email@example.com with Subject line 'Human Rights & Persons with Disabilities".
Note: The Authors and Co-authors both have to register separately
- Registration Fee for Presentation of Paper:
- Students: Rs 1500/-
- Faculties / Professionals / Research Scholars: Rs 2000/-
- Presentation in Absentia for Students: Rs 2000/-
- Presentation in Absentia Faculties / Professionals / Research Scholars / Others: Rs 2500/-
- Registration Fee for Attending the Seminar:
- Students: Rs 800/-
- Faculties / Professionals / Research: Rs 1200/-
The registration fee includes conference kit, lunch, high tea, entry to all technical session, and Certificates.
Submission of Abstract:
5th October, 2018 (Extended)
Confirmation of Abstract Selection:
7th October, 2018 (Extended)
20th October, 2018
Submission of Full Paper:
27th November, 2018
2nd December, 2018
Phone: +91- 9310053923, +91-9667822453
Download Brochure, Registration Form