1st National Socio-Legal Essay Competition, 2018
The Penstand Journal is a double blind peer review academic journal, published online, thrice a year that seeks to provide an interactive forum for the publication of articles on the field of Law or Social Science. The Penstand Journal is going to organize the 1st National Socio-Legal Essay Competition, 2018.
- Modern India and Modern Laws: An Analysis into the Past, Present and Future
- Laws relating to Reservation and Its Governance in India
- LGBT Laws: An analysis into Section 377 of the IPC
- Technology and Law in India
- Literary Agents: Laws relating to their Existence and Governance in India
- Blood Mafia: Crimes relating to Blood Smuggling and Laws to curb it in India
Who can participate?
Law Students, Law Graduates, Legal and Professionals
Authors may submit their articles after carefully reading the 'Submit Article' page; where further details regarding the submission procedure is available. It is mandatorily for all Authors to submit their article via email to: email@example.com
The Authors are duly expected to follow the prescribed format:
- The Author/s shall submit the article on a A4 size paper length
- The words limit for article shall be 1000 - 2000 words maximum
- The submission shall be in MS Word .doc or docx. format strictly
- The font shall be in Times New Roman of font size 14 pt for headings and 12 pt for the rest of the matter, with spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes are to be in Times New Roman of font size 10 pt. End notes are not to be used.
- Citation Mode - A uniform method of citation is accepted.
- There should also be an attached Declaration of Originality of the article along with a scan copy of the ID of the Author. You can download the format from the 'Submit Article' page.
- All articles submitted will be checked for plagiarism. The Authors are strictly expected to acknowledge the references made use of.
- Co-authorship will be allowed to a maximum of two Authors and two separate certificates shall be issued.
- Single Authors: Rs. 500/-
- Co-Authors: Rs. 700
- Foreign Authors: $100
The Method of Submitting fees shall be emailed after submission of the Article by the Contributor.
- 1st Prize: Rs. 5000 and Publication in the Vol. 02, Issue 02 of the Journal
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 2000 and Publication in the Vol. 02, Issue 02 of the Journal
- 3rd Prize: Publication in the Vol. 02, Issue 02 of the Journal.
Certificate of Appreciation shall be awarded to all the Participants.
The last date for submission of article is 1st November, 2018 (5:00 p.m. IST) after which no article shall be accepted.