OnDemandLaws: 1st National Online Employment Contract Drafting Competition 2018
OnDemandLaws is going to organize the 1st National Online Employment Contract Drafting Competition 2018. The competition is aimed at promoting the importance of 'Employment Contract'. An employment contract is a must have tool for every employer, establishment and startups.
An employment contract is governed by the provisions of Indian Contract Act, 1872 and by other relevant legislations. An employment contract basically establishes a legal relationship between an employee and an employer. It prescribes the role, responsibilities, duties and other relevant aspects related to the employment. It tends to protect the interest of employer as well as of employee also.
This competition allows the students to gain the knowledge of important provisions and clauses of employment contract. Employment contract drafting competition enables the students to enhance their contract drafting skills, specifically employment contract drafting skills. By participating in this competition students will get to know that, which provisions or clauses should be included as to protect the basic interest of the parties in the contract.
An employment contract without the incorporation of restrictive covenants is not much effective. But, however, these restrictive covenants must not affect the basic fundamental rights of an employee. So, basically drafting an employment contract is not that easy. That is the only reason that OnDemandLaws decided to organise this employment contract drafting competition so as to enable the students to know more and more about this concept. An employment contract can be beneficial for an employer in numerous ways.
- It shall be an online event.
- At present students / participants must be pursuing Bachelor's Degree in Law, i.e., 3 year LL.B. Course or 5 year LL.B from any recognized College or University or pursuing LL.M. from any recognized University or preparing for judiciary or pursuing any Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in any filed or willing to learn the importance of employment contract.
- In one team, not more than 2 participants are allowed. But, however, participants may seek Individual or Single participation. In one team, students from different Universities are not allowed.
- Any University / College can send as much entries as possible.
- Employment contract must be plagiarism free and must be in English language only.
The employment contract must adhere to the following norms:
- Word limit - Minimum 2500 words & Maximum 5000 words (including footnotes).
- Format - MS Word.
- Font - Times New Roman.
- Font size -12pt for text, 14pt for Headings, 10pt for footnotes.
- Page numbers - bottom center.
- Line Spacing - 1.5 for text and 1.0 for footnotes.
- Alignment - Justified and layout must be A4 size.
- Margin - One inch on each side
- The citation methodology to be followed is Harvard Bluebook (19th Edition).
Online Registration Form:
- Rs. 250/- for an Individual / Single Registration
- Rs. 450/- for Team Registration.
- The participants must submit the duly filled registration form via JotForm after making Payment, attach the screenshot of Payment while filling up the registration form.
- An acknowledgement will be auto generated after filling up the registration form.
Registration with Late Fee:
- Rs. 250/- + Rs. 50/- - Individual / Single Registration
- Rs. 450/- + Rs. 50/- for Team Registration.
- First Prize: Certificate of Appreciation + Cash Prize of Rs. 1100/- + One free Research Paper Publication in the Journal for Indian Researchers (ISSN: 2581-3595) (Law Journal and it is subject to Journal's Publication Policy) + 15% Cashback on all upcoming events of OnDemandLaws till December, 2018.
- Second Prize: Certificate of Appreciation + Cash Prize of Rs. 900/- + One free Research Paper Publication in the Journal for Indian Researchers (ISSN: 2581-3595) (Law Journal and it is subject to Journal's Publication Policy) + 15% Cashback on all upcoming events of OnDemandLaws till December, 2018.
- Third Prize: Certificate of Appreciation + Cash Prize of Rs 800 + One Free Research Paper Publication In The Journal for Indian Researchers (ISSN: 2581-3595) (A Law Journal and it is subject to Journal's Publication Policy) + 15% Cashback on all upcoming events of OnDemandLaws till December, 2018.
Date of Release of Official Notification:
1st June, 2018
Last date for Registration:
15th June, 2018
Last date for Registration with late fee:
16th June, 2018
Last date for Clarifications & Allotment of Team Code:
17th & 18th June, 2018
Last date for Submission of Soft Copy of Employment Contract:
30th June, 2018
Declaration of Result: On or before
31st July, 2018
Dulehar, Himachal Pradesh - 176601