NLU Jodhpur - Certificate Course on Legal and Procedural Aspects of Startups
National Law University Jodhpur (NLUJ) is going to conduct the Certificate Course on Legal and Procedural Aspects of Startups.
Course Date: 14th - 18th May, 2018
About the Course:
"Giving legal wings to your business ideas"
In recent years, the Indian startup ecosystem has taken off and has matured. Driven by factors such as availability of funding, consolidation activities by a number of firms, evolving technology space and a burgeoning demand within the domestic market has led to the emergence of startups.
But when it comes to actually implementation of an idea to a startup, then it is easy said than done. A startup faces various challenges including the legal aspects involved therein. One would require information on requisite regulatory approvals, various funding sources, taxation implications and most importantly, contractual, labour and other issues that often act as speed breakers in one's quest for swift execution of a business idea. That precisely defines the objective of this course: 'How' to do what you want to do!
This course aims to provide a one-stop guide for the new entrepreneurs or professionals right from the moment of generation of business idea to the actual conceptualization of the same in reality. This course is a comprehensive "deep dive" into the crucial law-sensitive issues faced in the process of launching, financing, and growing a new venture. Attempts shall be made to pay special attention to ventures making use of innovative technologies and business models.
During the course, we will explore key areas including: legal structure and choice of entity, including tax implications thereof; corporate maintenance, governance and fiduciary duties; regulatory systems and approval mechanisms; intellectual property protection and prosecution; licensing agreements and indemnification obligations, etc.
Focus Area of the Course:
- Module I: Generation of Business Idea & Subsequent Conversion into Legal Reality
- Module II: Regulatory Framework & Approval Regime (Licenses & NOCs)
- Module III: Effective Contract Management & Protection of IP Rights
- Module IV: Business Structure & Tax Implications
- Module V: Winding Up / Exiting Options
- Participants selected on 'First come First Serve' basis will have to pay a course fee of Rs. 8,000 (Course participation fee).
- This fee is exclusive of (i.e. does not include) accommodation charges which shall be separately paid by the participants to the University, if they opt for it.
- The hostel accommodation fee per room is Rs. 150/- per participant per day.
Registration opens from:
15th April, 2018
Last date for registration and fee submission:
10th May, 2018
Commencement of Classes:
14th May, 2018
End of Classes:
18th May, 2018
Mr. Anand Kumar Singh
National Law University, Jodhpur
NH 65, Near Mandore, Nagour Road,
Jodhpur, Rajasthan - 342304
Download Registration Form