Divorce Stress Management
You got married with so many hopes and dreams but over the time things somehow turned ugly and now it has become unbearable for you to live with your spouse. The resounding reality of daily power clash, conflicting beliefs, budding pain and sometimes the infidelity of one partner leads to the breakdown of marriage and family. Whatever the reason has been or whether or not you wanted it, the separation has now become inevitable. This feeling alone drowns your heart and makes one feel insecure and unwanted. You are ambivalent about whether to go ahead with the divorce or not, and all this leads to a lot of stress.
Divorce is a very hard, stressful process but now your basic aim should be to overcome the depression and trauma of the divorce and restructure your life in a new manner. To cope up with the tension, following stress buster techniques might help:-
1. Grievances are inevitable- All of us acknowledge deep feelings of loss and go through several phases of grieving. The initial reaction to a bad news is denial and denunciation, then people experience shock and numbness and as it settles down in conscious mind, people often enter into a phase of depression. Eventually, after acceptance and adaptation people try to move forward in life. Everyone going through a life changing experience such as divorce goes through different stages of grieving and this is perfectly normal. Be patient with yourself, give yourself some time, release your negative emotions and keep yourself engaged in some pleasurable activity to relieve some stress.
2. Stop the blame game- Try and stop blaming everyone, your spouse and even yourself for the entire situation. Blaming binds your consciousness into the problem and generates more stress and you will find yourself stuck into the situation. Just say to you, “That was what it was. What can I do now to move ahead in life?” You need to first come out of it and concentrate on solving immediate problems. Focus on your today rather than brooding over your past. This will definitely relieve a lot of stress and helps you to redirect your vigor into more productive avenues and liberates you to aim on what you want from your future.
3. Dream about a glorious future- Rather than clinging onto your past, try and concentrate on the kind of future you want. You cannot just go on grieving throughout your life. The whole matter now lies on your outlook and how you tackle with it. Think about the positives you possess or can possess with time; dream and imagine yourself contented, joyful, blessed with gratifying love and profusion in every way.
4. Love thyself- This is most important since in the current situation you are ought to censure your past conduct and behavior. Self-doubts and self-criticism are bound to resurface, but try and apply self-forgiveness and think of it that whatever you’d done at that time, was the best you could have in that given situation.
5. Change your routine- Just try to alter your routine a little bit and this can act as an efficient stress-buster. Take a different pathway to your workplace, diverge your leisure activity, look out for new places in the town or schedule a small vacation with your friends to alleviate the stress.
Although, divorce cannot be stress-free but with your little effort, you can make it amicable and maintain a dignified relationship with your ex-spouse for the sake of your kids.