Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti and Ors Etc. Etc. Vs. Afshan Khan and Ors. Etc. Etc.
[Civil Appeal Nos.5819-5822 of 2017 @ Special Leave Petition (C) Nos.12616-12619/2017]
1. Issue notice.
2. Mr. Gopal Sankaranarayanan, learned counsel, appears and waivesnotice for all the respondents on behalf of Ms. Rakhi Ray, Advocate-on-Record.
3. Leave granted.
4. With the consent of the learned Solicitor General of India appearingfor the appellants and Mr. Gopal Sankaranarayanan, learned counselappearing for the respondents, these appeals are disposed of at theadmission stage.
5. The appellants are before this Court, aggrieved by the interim orderpassed by the High Court in effect directs of reinstatement of therespondents during the pendency of these appeals.
6. In the background of the case including the order passed by thisCourt in C.A. No.4416 of 2016, we are of the view that the High Court couldnot have granted interim order for reinstatement.
7. Therefore, these appeals are disposed of as follows:-
i. We request the High Court of Madhya Pradesh, Bench at Jabalpur todispose of Writ Petition No.19101 of 2016 and connected mattersexpeditiously, preferably within a period of eight weeks from the date ofproduction of a copy of this judgment.
ii. Till the order is passed by the High Court in the writ petition asabove, the respondents are not to be taken back for work.
8. Pending applications, if any, shall stand disposed of.
9. There shall be no orders as to costs.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [R. BANUMATHI]
MAY 01, 2017.