Afroz Jahan & Ors. Vs.
State f Bihar & Anr  Insc 420 (12 March 2008)
Tarun Chatterjee & Harjit
O R D E R
1. This Transfer Petition had initially been filed by the wife Afroz Jahan,
seeking the transfer of several cases pending in the State of Bihar inter-se
the parties or their relatives from Bihar to the Union Territory of Chandigarh.
During the course of the litigation, the parties have compromised their
disputes as evidenced from the agreement Annexure P.19 dated 15th January 2008
and it has been agreed, inter-alia, that the cases filed by the parties against
each other or each others relatives shall be withdrawn or quashed as the
case may be.
Details of the case have been mentioned in the aforesaid document and they
are as under:
Cases filed by the respondent-husband, Sufyanullah Khan:
1. Criminal Complaint Case No.834-C of 2005, dated 28.9.2005 (State of Bihar
vs. Firoz Khan & Ors.) pending in the Court at Jamui (Bihar), which resulted into
registration of FIR No.226/05, dated 20.11.2005, under Sections
323,341,324,452,307,504,34 and 27 of Arms Act at Police Station
Sikandra-Chander Deep, District Jamui (Bihar ).
2. Criminal Complaint Case No.553-C/2005, dated 12.7.2005 under Sections
323/341/392 etc. IPC pending in the Court at Jamui (Bihar).Case filed by Afroz Jahan, the petitioner-wife:
1. Criminal Complaint No.6/2005 under Sections 498-A/406 etc. which is
pending in the Court at Chandigarh.
2. In view of the undertaking of the parties to settle their disputes and to
withdraw the proceedings against each other, we direct that all the aforesaid
matters would be deemed to be withdrawn to this Court under Article 142 of the
Constitution of India in the interest of justice and shall be deemed to have
been quashed. No other order is called for in this matter.
The petition is disposed of in the above terms.