M. Kuppaswamy (D) through LRS. Vs. R. Vandana
[Civil Appeal No(S). 3473/2018 arising from SLP (C) No.19010/2008]
1. Leave granted.
2. The appellants have approached this Court aggrieved by the judgment dated 13.04.2007 passed by the High Court of Karnataka at Bangalore in RFA No.835/2000.
3. During the pendency of the appeal before this Court, the parties have been relegated to the Bangalore Mediation Centre. We are happy to note that the parties have arrived at a settlement and the Mediation Centre has forwarded a Report incorporating the Memorandum of Settlement. The said Memorandum of Settlement dated 09.03.2018, received from the Bangalore Mediation Centre, is taken on record, which shall form part of this judgment.
4. A Demand Draft for a sum of Rs.31,50,000/- (Rupees Thirty One Lacs Fifty Thousand only), in terms of the Settlement, has been handed over by the learned counsel for the appellants to the learned counsel for the respondent and the same has been duly acknowledged by the counsel for the respondent.
5. The appeal is hence disposed of in terms of the Settlement dated 09.03.2018.
6. Pending applications, if any, shall stand disposed of.
7. There shall be no orders as to costs.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [NAVIN SINHA]
APRIL 02, 2018.