Shaik Shahanaj Vs. State of Andhra Pradesh & Ors.
[Civil Appeal No(S). 19766 of 2017 @ Special Leave Petition (C) No(S).19934/2017]
1. In the nature of order we propose to pass in this matter it is not necessary to issue notice.
2. Leave granted.
3. The appellant is aggrieved by the rejection of the interim order passed by the State Administrative Tribunal, as confirmed by the High Court. The matter pertains to the selection for the post of Police Constable. The appellant was denied the appointment on the ground that he did not produce the non-creamy layer certificate at the required time.
4. We find that the original application filed by the appellant is pending before the Tribunal. The appellant has produced a copy of the non-creamy layer certificate before this Court.
5. The appellant is directed to produce the same before the Administrative Tribunal. We also direct the Tribunal, being a matter of selection and appointment, to dispose of the original application expeditiously and in any case within three months from the date of production of a copy of this judgment.
6. The appeal is, accordingly, disposed of.
7. We make it clear that we have not expressed any opinion on the merits of the matter.
8. Pending applications, if any, shall stand disposed of.
9. There shall be no orders as to costs.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [AMITAVA ROY]
NOVEMBER 24, 2017