M/s. Eveready Industries India Ltd. Vs. Micro Small Enterprises Facilitation Council, Chennai Region & ANR.
[I.A. No.2/2017 In and Civil Appeal No. 10006 of 2017 @ Special Leave Petition (C) No.16020/2013]
1. Leave granted.
2. When the matter was pending before this Court, we sought the assistance of Mr. R. Basant, learned senior counsel, to mediate between the parties and explore the possibility of a settlement.
3. It is heartening to note that the mediation has been fruitful and the parties have settled their disputes amicably. They have also filed a Joint Memo dated 31.07.2017. In terms of the settlement, the appellant has handed over a Demand Draft for a sum of Rs.61,00,000/- (Rupees Sixty One Lacs) to Respondent No.2, which has been duly acknowledged by the learned counsel for Respondent No.2.
4. Therefore, this appeal is disposed of in terms of settlement by way of Joint Memo dated 31.07.2017, which shall form part of this judgment.
5. In view of the settlement, as above, the appellant is permitted to withdraw the deposit made before this Court, pursuant to the order of this Court, along with the accrued interest.
6. Though Mr. R. Basant, learned senior counsel, was requested by the parties to accept some remuneration, learned senior counsel has graciously declined the request. However, since the parties have been benefited by the process, we direct both the parties to pay an amount of Rs.25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand) to the Supreme Court Bar Clerk's Association, within a month, which shall be equally shared between them.
7. I.A. No.2 also stands disposed of.
8. Pending applications, if any, shall stand disposed of.
9. There shall be no orders as to costs.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [R. BANUMATHI]
AUGUST 02, 2017.
Item No.10 Court No.6 Section XII
Supreme Court of India
Record of Proceedings
J.K. Tyre and Industries Ltd. Thr. General Manager (Legal) Vs. Micro and Small Enterprises Facilitation Council and Ors. Thr. Chairman
[Civil Appeal No(S). 8880/2014
[I.A.No.2/2017 In & SLP (C) No. 16020/2013 (Xii) (Appln (S) For Directions with Office Report]
These matters were called on for hearing today.
Coram: Hon'ble Mr. Justice Kurian Joseph
Hon'ble Mrs. Justice R. Banumathi
Mr. Ramesh Singh,Adv.
Mr. A.T. Patra,Adv.
Ms. Bina Gupta, AOR
Ms. Divya Chaturvdi,Adv.
Ms. Snehal Kakrania,Adv.
For M/s. Khaitan & Co.
Mr. Rajesh Ranjan,Adv.
Ms. Surajita Pattanaik,Adv.
For Mr. D.S. Mahra, AOR
Mr. R. anand Padmanabhan,Adv.
Mr. Romil Pathak,Adv.
Mr. Ananya Mukherjee,Adv.
Ms. Prabha Swami, AOR
Mr. M. Yogesh Kanna, AOR
Mr. Shashi Bhushan Kumar, AOR
UPON hearing the counsel the Court made the following
O R D E R
List the appeal along with connected matters i.e.
[C.A. No.8889/2014 on 07.11.2017]
[I.A.NO.2/2017 IN & SLP(C) No.16020/2013]
The appeal and I.A. No.2 are disposed of in terms of the signed judgment.
Court Master (Sh)
Signed "Non-Reportable" Judgment, as above, is placed on the file