Rafiq Vs. State of Rajasthan
[Criminal Appeal No.1209/2017 @ SLP (CRL.) No.1856/2017]
1. Leave granted.
2. The appellant has approached this Court aggrieved by the impugned order dated 12.02.2016 passed the High Court of Judicature for Rajasthan at Jaipur in SB Criminal Misc. Second Bail Application No.2168/2016, declining to grant bail.
3. It may be noted here that the appellant had been languishing in the jail ever since 03.09.2010. By order dated 09.03.2017, this Court released him on bail, during the pendency of the trial.
4. In the facts and circumstances of the case, the order dated 09.03.2017 is made absolute and the Criminal Appeal is disposed of.
5. It is made clear that the observations made in the interim order regarding maximum punishment is certainly subject to further verification as to the period of 2 punishment.
6. The Criminal Appeal is disposed of in the above terms.
.................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.................J. [R. BANUMATHI]
JULY 19, 2017;