Prem Singh Gill Vs. Union of India and Ors.
[Civil Appeal No.8835 of 2015]
1. Heard the appellant, who is present in the Court and Mr. Maninder Singh, learned Additional Solicitor General of India, appearing for the respondents, who is ably assisted by Mr. R. Balasubramanian, learned counsel.
2. Having extensively heard the appellant-in-person and the learned counsel for the respondents, we do not think it necessary to refer to the factual matrix involved in this case.
3. Having regard to the background of the disability of the appellant, we are of the view that this is a fit case for invocation of Article 142 of the Constitution of India and fix disability at 75% from the date of retirement.
4. Needless to say that the consequential benefits will be computed accordingly and the arrears due to the appellant will be paid, within two weeks from today, which will carry interest at the rate fixed by the Tribunal.
5. The appeal is, accordingly, disposed of.
6. Pending applications, if any, shall stand disposed of.
7. There shall be no orders as to costs.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [R. BANUMATHI]
MARCH 31, 2017.