State of Rajasthan and Ors. Vs. Renu Bhati
[Civil Appeal No.4509 of 2017 @ Special Leave Petition (C) No. 26361/2016]
1. Leave granted.
2. The appellants have approached this Court, aggrieved by the interim order passed by the High Court in D.B. Civil Special Appeal (Writ) NO.776 of 2015. The High Court has directed the appellants to re-employ the respondent in service as Coordinator, P.C.P.N.D.T., Jaisalmer against the vacant post available.
3. It is the case of the appellants that being an appointment on contract basis, re-employment can only be on contract basis and not on regular basis.
4. Having heard the learned counsel on both the sides, we do not feel it appropriate to consider the merits of the matter, since the writ petition is pending before the High Court. We, therefore, request the High Court to dispose of the writ petition expeditiously and preferably within three months from today.
5. Till the orders are passed, as above, the interim order granted by this Court, on 22.08.2016, will continue to operate.
6. The appeal is, accordingly, disposed of.
7. Pending applications, if any, shall stand disposed of.
8. There shall be no orders as to costs.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [R. BANUMATHI]
MARCH 27, 2017.