Sushil Kumar Jindal Vs. Aasia Begum
[Civil Appeal No. 719 of 2008]
1. Heard the learned counsel for the parties.
2. We do not find any reason to interfere with the impugned order passed by the High Court, by which the High Court has upheld the views taken by the Rent Controller on the bonafide requirement. The appeal is, accordingly, dismissed.
3. However, looking to the facts of the case, we grant time to the appellant upto 31st December, 2017 to surrender vacant and peaceful possession of the premises in question to the respondent, subject to filing the usual undertaking in this Court within a period of four weeks from today.
4. Towards use and occupation charges, the appellant shall continue to pay rent @ Rs. 2450/- (Rupees Two Thousand Four Hundred and Fifty) per month to the respondent.
5. Pending interlocutory applications, if any, stand disposed of.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [R. BANUMATHI]
February 21, 2017.