Budh Ram and Ors. Vs. State of Haryana and Ors.
[Civil Appeal No.1036 of 2017 arising from Special Leave Petition (C) No.36446/2016]
[Civil Appeal No.1037/2017 @ SLP (C) No. 36447/2016]
1. Leave granted.
2. It is the undisputed case of the appellants that they are similarly situated as the appellants covered by the order of this Court dated 17.11.2016 passed in Civil Appeal Nos.11005-11042 of 2016 titled Piyara Singh and Another Etc., v. State of Haryana & Ors. Etc., wherein this Court has taken a view that the 12% increase is to be granted cumulatively from the year 2000 itself and that there should be no cut.
3. The same judgment will apply in the case of the appellants as well.
4. The appeals are allowed to the above extent and the directions granted in the order referred to above shall hold good for these appeals also.
5. However, it is made clear that the appellants shall not be entitled to any statutory benefits for the period covered by the delay.
6. Pending application(s), if any, shall stand disposed of.
7. There shall be no orders as to costs.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [A.M. KHANWILKAR]
JANUARY 27, 2017.