Vinod Kumar Singh Vs. State of Uttar Pradesh & Ors.
[Civil Appeal No(S). 10869/2018 arising from SLP (C) No(S).16641/2017]
1. It is a case for compassionate appointment. Though the learned Additional Advocate General for the State of Uttar Pradesh has made a formidable submission inviting our reference to a decision of this Court dismissing the special leave petition by order dated 02.05.2011 passed in CC Nos.6246-6247/2011, in the peculiar facts of this case, we are of the view that this is eminently a fit case for invocation of our plenary jurisdiction under Article 142 of the Constitution of India and give a quietus to the dispute.
2. Accordingly, the interim order dated 21.07.2017 passed by this Court for appointment on compassionate grounds, in the peculiar facts of this case, is made absolute and the appeal is disposed of.
3. We make it clear that this judgment is passed in the very peculiar facts of this case and the same may not be treated as a precedent.
4. Pending application(s), if any, shall stand disposed of.
5. There shall be no orders as to costs.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [A.M. KHANWILKAR]
OCTOBER 29, 2018.