The Prevention of Terrorism Act, 2002
19. Denotification of a terrorist organization.-
1. An application may be made to the Central Government for the exercise of its power under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 18 to remove an organisation from the Schedule.
2. An application may be made by-
a. the organisation, or
b. any person affected by inclusion of the organisation in the Schedule as a terrorist organisation.
3. The Central Government may make rules to prescribe the procedure for admission and disposal of an application made under this section.
4. Where an application under sub-section (1) has been refused, the applicant may apply for a review to the Review Committee constituted by the Central Government under sub-section (1) of section 60 within one month from the date of receipt of the order by the applicant.
5. The Review Committee may allow an application for review against refusal to remove an organisation from the Schedule, if it considers that the decision to refuse was flawed when considered in the light of the principles applicable on an application f r judicial review.
6. Where the Review Committee allows review under sub-section (5) by or in respect of an organisation, it may make an order under this sub-section.
7. Where an order is made under sub-section (6), the Central Government shall, as soon as the certified copy of the order is received by it, make an order removing the organisation from the list in the Schedule.