The Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014
Chapter V Dispute Redressal Mechanism
20. Redressal of grievances or resolution of disputes of street vendors.
1. The appropriate Government may constitute one or more committees consisting of a Chairperson who has been a civil judge or a judicial magistrate and two other professionals having such experience as may be prescribed for the purpose of deciding the applications received under sub-section (2):
Provided that no employee of the appropriate Government or the local authority shall be appointed as members of the committee.
2. Every street vendor who has a grievance or dispute may make an application in writing to the committee constituted under sub-section (1) in such form and manner as may be prescribed.
3. On receipt of grievance or dispute under sub-section (2), the committee referred to in sub-section (1) shall, after verification and enquiry in such manner, as may be prescribed, take steps for redressal of such grievance or resolution of such dispute, within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed.
4. Any person who is aggrieved by the decision of the committee may prefer an appeal to the local authority in such form, within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed.
5. The local authority shall dispose of the appeal received under sub-section (4) within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed:
Provided that the local authority shall, before disposing of the appeal, give an opportunity of being heard to the aggrieved person.