Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013
7. Composition. tenure and other terms and conditions c1f Local Complaints Committee
1. The Local Complaints Committee shall consist of the following members to be nominated by the District Officer, namely:-—
a. a Chairperson to be nominated from amongst the eminent women in the field of social work and committed to the cause of women;
b. one Member to be nominated from amongst the women working in block, taluka or tehsil or ward or municipality in the district;
c. two Members, of whom at least one shall be a woman, to be nominated from amongst such non-governmental organisations or associations committed to the cause of women or a person familiar with the issues relating to sexual harassment, which may be prescribed:
Provided that at least one of the nominees should, preferably, have a background in law or legal knowledge:
Provided further that at least one of the nominees shall be a woman belonging to the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes or the Other Backward Classes or minority community notified by the Central Government, from time to time;
d. the concerned officer dealing with the social welfare or women and child development in the district, shall be a member ex officio.
2. The Chairperson and every Member of the Local Committee shall hold office for such period, not exceeding three years, from the date of their appointment as may be specified by the District Officer.
3. Where the Chairperson or any Member of the Local Complaints Committee- —
e. contravenes the provisions of section 16; or
f. has been convicted for an offence or an inquiry into an offence under any law for the time being in force is pending against him; or
g. has been found guilty in any disciplinary proceedings or a disciplinary proceeding is pending against him; or
h. has so abused his position as to render his continuance in office prejudicial to the public interest, such Chairperson or Member, as the case may be, shall be removed from the Committee and the vacancy so created or any casual vacancy shall be filled by fresh nomination in accordance with the provisions of this section.
4. The Chairperson and Members of the Local Committee other than the Members nominated under clauses (b) and (d) of sub-section (1) shall be entitled to such fees or allowances for holding the proceedings of the Local Committee as may be prescribed.