The Science and Engineering Research Board Act, 2008
4. Secretary and other officers and employees of Board. –
1. The Board may appoint an eminent Scientist not below the rank of Additional Secretary to the Government of India as the Secretary of the Board, in consultation with the Central Government.
2. The Board may appoint such other officers and employees as it considers necessary for the efficient discharge of its functions under this Act.
3. The qualifications and experience, terms and conditions of service including salary and allowances of the Secretary and other officers and employees of the Board shall be such as may be specified in the regulations made by the Board.
4. The Board may engage the services of personnel, both from within and outside the country as consultants, visiting scientists on such terms and conditions and remunerations as may be specified in the regulations made by the Board and shall facilitate their operations within the country.