The Rehabilitation Council of India Act, 1992
16. Visitors at examinations.
1. The Council may appoint such number of Visitors as it may deem requisite to inspect any University or institution wherein education for rehabilitation professionals is given or attend any examination for the purpose of granting recognised rehabilitation qualifications.
2. Any person, whether he is a member of the Council or not, may be appointed as a Visitor under sub-section (1) but a person who is appointed as an Inspector under sub-section (1) of section 15 for any inspection or examination shall not be appointed as a Visitor for the same inspection or examination.
3. The Visitor shall not interfere with the conduct of any training or examination but shall report to the Chairperson on the adequacy of the standards of education including staff, equipment, accommodation, training and other facilities prescribed for giving education to the rehabilitation professionals or on sufficiency of every examination which they attend.
4. The report of a Visitor shall be treated as confidential unless in any particular case the Chairperson otherwise, directs:
Provided that if the Central Government requires a copy of the report of a Visitor, the Council shall furnish the same.