Recovery of Debts Due to Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 1993
6. Presentation and scrutiny of memorandum of appeal
(1) The Registrar shall endorse on every appeal the date on which it is presented under rule 5 or deemed to have been presented under that rule and shall sign endorsement.
(2) If, on scruting, the appeal is found to be in order, it shall be duly registered and given a serial number.
(3) If an appeal on scrutiny is found to be defective and the defect noticed is formal in nature, the Registrar may allows the appellant to rectify the same in his presence and if the said defects is not formal in nature, the Registrar, may allow the appellant such time to rectify the defects as he may deem fit.
(4) If the concerned appellant fails to rectify the defect within the time allowed in sub-rule (3), the Registrar may by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing, decline to register such memorandum of appeal.
(5) An appeal against the order of the Registrar under sub-rule (4) shall be made within fifteen days of making of such order to the presiding officer concerned in his chamber, whose decision thereon shall be final.