Public Provident Fund Act, 1968
3. Public Provident Fund Scheme
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, frame a scheme to be called the Public Provident Fund Scheme for the establishment of a provident fund for the general public and there shall be established, as soon as may be after the framing of the Scheme, a Fund in accordance with the provisions of this Act and the Scheme.
(2) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Scheme may provide for all or any of the matters specified in the Schedule.
(3) The Scheme shall have effect notwithstanding anything contained in any law for the time being in force other than this Act or in any instrument having effect by virtue of any law other than this Act.
(4) The Central Government may, from time to time, by notification in the Official Gazette, add to, amend or vary the Scheme.