The Prevention and Control of Infectious and Contagious Diseases in Animals Act, 2009
4. Reporting scheduled diseases obligatory. –
1. Every owner, or any other person, non-governmental organisation, public bodies or the village panchayat, in charge of any animal which he or it has reason to believe to be infective of a scheduled disease shall report the fact to the Village Officer or village panchayat in-charge, who may report the same in writing to the nearest available Veterinarian.
2. The Village Officer shall visit the area falling within his jurisdiction for reporting any outbreak of the disease.
3. Every Veterinarian shall, on receipt of a report under sub-section (1), or otherwise, if he has reason to believe that any animal is infected with a scheduled disease, report the matter to the Veterinary Officer.
4. Where in any State there is any occurrence of scheduled disease in relation to any animal, the Director shall send an intimation to the Directors of the States which are in the immediate neighbourhood of the place where there is such occurrence, for taking appropriate preventive measures against the spread of the disease.