The Prevention and Control of Infectious and Contagious Diseases in Animals Act, 2009
10. Entry and exit of animals into controlled area and free area. –
1. Where any area has been declared as a controlled area under sub-section (1) of section 6 in respect of any disease affecting any species of animals, no animal belonging to that species shall be taken out of, or brought into that area save as provided in section 16.
2. The Director may, by notice duly published in the Official Gazette and at least in one daily local newspaper in vernacular language, extend the prohibition contained in sub-section (1) to any other species of animals, if animals belonging to that species are also likely to be infected with that disease.
3. No carrier of goods or animal shall carry any animal from or out of a controlled area, free area or infected area by land, sea or air unless he complies with the provisions of section 16.
4. Nothing contained in sub-sections (1) to (3) shall apply to the carriage by railway of any animal referred to in those sub-sections through any area which, for the time being, is declared as a controlled area or infected area so long as the animal is not unloaded (for whatsoever purpose or duration) in any place within that area:
Provided that the State Government may, by notification, declare that any species of animal so carried through any local area within the State shall be duly immunized against such scheduled disease, in such manner and within such time as may be specified in that notification and a certificate of vaccination shall be a pre-requisite for the transportation of the animals by the railways through that area:
Provided further that, where any notification as referred to in the first proviso has been issued, it shall be incumbent on the State Government to intimate that fact to the concerned railway authorities so as to enable them to satisfy themselves about the immunization of the animal before transporting it through the local area of the State.