Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (Regulation and Prevention of Misuse) Act, 1994
8. Term of office of members
(1) The term of office of a member, other than an ex officio member, shall be,-
(a) in case of appointment under clause (e) or clause (f) of sub-section (2) of section 7, three years; and
(b) in case of appointment under clause (g) of the said sub-section, one year.
(2) If a casual vacancy occurs in the office of any other members, whether by reason of his death, resignation or inability to discharge his functions owing to illness or other incapacity, such vacancy shall be filled by the Central Government by making a fresh appointment and the member so appointed shall hold office for the remainder of the term of office of the person in whose place he is so appointed.
(3) The Vice-Chairman shall perform such functions as may be assigned to him by the Chairman from time to time.
(4) The procedure to be followed by the members in the discharge of their functions shall be such as may be prescribed.