Pharmacy Act, 1948
(1) Subject to the provisions of the section, a nominated or elected member 22[***] shall hold office for a term of five years from the date of his nomination or election or until his successor has been duly nominated or elected, whichever is longer.
(2) A nominated or elected member may at any time resign his membership by writing under his hand addressed to the President, and the seat of such member shall thereupon become vacant.
(3) A nominated or elected member shall be deemed to have vacated his seat if he is absent without excuse, sufficient in the opinion of the Central Council, from three consecutive meeting of the Central Council or if he is elected under clause (a), (c) or (g) of section 3, if he ceases to be a member of the teaching staff, Medical Council of India or a registered pharmacist, as the case may be.
(4) A Casual vacancy in the Central Council shall be filled by fresh nomination or election, as the case may be, and the person nominated or elected to fill the vacancy shall hold office only for the remainder of the term for which the member whose place he takes was nominated or elected.
(5) No act done by the Central Council shall be called in question on the ground merely of the existence of any vacancy in, or defect in the constitution of, the Central Council.
(6) Members of the Central Council shall be eligible for re-nomination or re-election.