The Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board Act, 2006
52. Obligations of entities.-
1. Every entity shall-
a. maintain such documentary records as may be specified by the Board by regulations;
b. allow inspection of such facilities and documentary records, as may be specified by the Board, by any person authorised by the Board;
c. commence operation of activities for which authorisation has been granted within such period as may be specified by the Board in the document of authorisation;
i. agreements with the Board relating to use of pipelines for supply of petroleum, petroleum products and natural gas; or
ii. any other document which the Board may determine by regulations;
a. comply with marketing service obligations and retail service obligations.
2. The Board may call for any information from any entity including information which is considered necessary for ensuring transparency or ascertaining true ownership of the entity.
3. The Board or any officer authorised by the Board shall have the power to inspect and obtain information, wherever necessary, from the entities.
4. For the effective enforcement of the terms and conditions of authorisation, the Board or any officer authorised by it for that purpose, shall have all the powers of an inspecting officer as provided under section 209A of the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956).
5. It shall be the duty of every entity to carry out the directions of the Board given under this section.
6. The Board shall maintain confidentiality in respect of any information and record received by it from the entities and shall not disclose information contained therein to any person or authority except on the grounds of public interest.