The Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board Act, 2006
Chapter II Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board
3. Establishment and incorporation of the Board.-
1. With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification, appoint, there shall be established, for the purposes of this Act, a Board to be called the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board.
2. The Board shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract, and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
3. The Board shall consist of a Chairperson, a Member (Legal) and three other members to be appointed by the Central Government.
4. The head office of the Board shall be at New Delhi and regional offices at such places as the Board may deem necessary having regard to public interest and magnitude of the work.