The Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board Act, 2006
Chapter I Preliminary
1. Short title, extent, commencement and application.-
1. This Act may be called the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board Act, 2006.
2. It extends to the whole of India.
3. It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint: Provided that different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act and any reference in any such provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed as a reference to the coming into force of that provision.
4. It applies to refining, processing, storage, transportation, distribution, marketing and sale of petroleum, petroleum products and natural gas excluding production of crude oil and natural gas.