Petroleum Act, 1934
16. Certification of other test apparatus
(1) The officer appointed under section15 shall, on payment of the prescribed fee, if any, compare with the Standard Test Apparatus any apparatus for determining the 26[flash-point] of petroleum which may be submitted to him for this purpose.
(2) If any apparatus is found by him to agree with the Standard Test Apparatus within prescribed limits, the officer shall engrave such apparatus with a special number and with the date of the comparison, and shall give a certificate in respect of it in the prescribed form, certifying that on the said date the apparatus was compared with the Standard Test Apparatus and was found to agree with it within the prescribed limits, and specifying any corrections to be made in the results of tests carried out with the apparatus.
(3) A certificate granted under this section shall be valid for such period as may be prescribed.
(4) A certificate granted under this section shall, during the period for which it is valid, be proof, until the contrary is proved, of any matter stated therein.
(5) The officer shall keep a register in the prescribed form of all certificates granted by him under this section.