The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 2013
36. Appeal to Securities Appellate Tribunal.
1. Any person aggrieved by an order made by the Authority or by an adjudicating officer under this Act may prefer an appeal before the Securities Appellate Tribunal which shall have jurisdiction over the matter.
2. Every appeal under sub-section (1) shall be filed within a period of forty-five days from the date of receipt of the order appealed against and it shall be in such form and manner and shall be accompanied by such fee as may be prescribed:
Provided that the Securities Appellate Tribunal may entertain an appeal after the expiry of the said period, if it is satisfied that there was sufficient cause for not preferring the appeal within that period.
3. On receipt of an appeal under sub-section (1), the Securities Appellate Tribunal may, after giving the parties to the appeal, an opportunity of being heard, pass such orders thereon as it thinks fit, confirming, modifying or setting aside the order appealed against.
4. The Securities Appellate Tribunal shall send a copy of every order made by it to the Authority, the parties to the appeal and to the adjudicating officers concerned.
5. The appeal filed before the Securities Appellate Tribunal under sub-section (1) shall be dealt with by it as expeditiously as possible and endeavour shall be made by it to dispose of the appeal finally within six months from the date on which the appeal is presented to it.
6. Without prejudice to the provisions of sections 15T and 15U of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, the Securities Appellate Tribunal shall deal with an appeal under this section in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed.