The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 2013
Chapter VII Registration of Intermediaries
27. Registration of central recordkeeping agency, pension fund, point of presence, etc.
1. No intermediary, including a pension fund or a point of presence to the extent regulated under this Act, shall commence any activity relating to a pension fund except under and in accordance with the conditions of a certificate of registration granted by the Authority in accordance with the provisions of this Act and the regulations:
Provided that any intermediary, including any point of presence, who had been associated with a pension scheme and appointed to act as such by the Interim Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority immediately before the establishment of the Authority under this Act for which no registration certificate was necessary prior to such establishment, and may continue to do so for a period of six months from such establishment or, if he has made an application for such registration within the said period of six months till the disposal of such application.
2. Every application for grant of a certificate of registration under this Act shall be in such form and manner and shall be accompanied by such fees as may be determined by regulations.
3. The Authority may, after considering the application and subject to such terms and conditions as it may specify, grant a certificate of registration as a central recordkeeping agency, point of presence, pension fund or such other intermediary, as the case may be.
4. The Authority may, by order, suspend or cancel a certificate of registration granted under sub-section (3) in such manner as may be determined by regulations:
Provided that no order under this sub-section shall be made unless the person concerned has been given a reasonable opportunity of being heard.