Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013
Chapter VIII Powers of Lokpal
25. Supervisory powers of Lokpal.
1. The Lokpal shall, notwithstanding anything contained in section 4 of the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946 and section 8 of the Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003, have the powers of superintendence over, and to give direction to the Delhi Special Police Establishment in respect of the matters referred by the Lokpal for preliminary inquiry or investigation to the Delhi Special Police Establishment under this Act:
Provided that while exercising powers of superintendence or giving direction under this sub-section, the Lokpal shall not exercise powers in such a manner so as to require any agency (including the Delhi Special Police Establishment) to whom the investigation has been given, to investigate and dispose of any case in a particular manner.
2. The Central Vigilance Commission shall send a statement, at such interval as the Lokpal may direct, to the Lokpal in respect of action taken on complaints referred to it under the second proviso to sub-section (1) of section 20 and on receipt of such statement, the Lokpal may issue guidelines for effective and expeditious disposal of such cases.
3. Any officer of the Delhi Special Police Establishment investigating a case referred to it by the Lokpal, shall not be transferred without the approval of the Lokpal.
4. The Delhi Special Police Establishment may, with the consent of the Lokpal, appoint a panel of Advocates, other than the Government Advocates, for conducting the cases referred to it by the Lokpal.
5. The Central Government may from time to time make available such funds as may be required by the Director of the Delhi Special Police Establishment for conducting effective investigation into the matters referred to it by the Lokpal and the Director shall be responsible for the expenditure incurred in conducting such investigation.